Updated: Jun 22
I recently responded to a posting about reducing anxiety in anticipation of back-to-work Monday. Wouldn't it be great if when anxiety hits, you could magically transport yourself somewhere peaceful, like the image below? Until we can physically transport ourselves to a tropical paradise on a whim, we can reboot our brains back to calmness.
Here are some scientifically proven tips:
1. Sit in a quiet place where you can feel comfortable such as a comfy chair or on a couch. (I know we tend to pace and wear out the floor.)
2. Fold your arms over your chest to give yourself a big hug.
3. Close your eyes and deeply inhale through the nose until you feel the air hit your belly.
4. Give yourself light pats on the shoulders as if you are calming a crying baby.
5. Let your mind focus only on the sound of air going in and out.
6. Give yourself, at least, three to five minutes to return to calmness and focus.
7. Now, doesn't that feel better?
I am sending prayers for the return to work post-COVID-19 with less stress and inner tensions and more peace. Working with a great life coach can give you a new perspective and support for long-term anxiety reduction.
Don't forget to check me out at www.n2positivity.com and sign-up for your discovery session, today!